GCSD Offers Tips To Stay Safe In The Winter

With colder weather here the Grant Count Sheriff’s office is advising homeowners to take precautions against fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. Overloaded electrical outlets or using extension cords to power space heaters can increase the risk of a fire and should be avoided. If power is out and you’re running a gas powered generator keep it away from doors and windows as carbon monoxide can drift inside. Generators never should be run in a garage or indoors.